For the first time in motorsports history, a global-racing event occurred on Russian soil. This was following round 11 of 14 in the 2012 World Superbike Championship at Moscow Raceway.
And the riders that made it into the history books? Kawasaki Racing Team’s Tom Sykes and BMW Motorrad’s Marco Melandri. During the first race, which was held under wet conditions, Sykes was joined on the podium by Melandri and Aprilia Racing Team’s Max Biaggi. In race two, Melandri was joined on the podium by Sykes and ParkinGO MTC Racing Aprilia’s Chaz Davies.
Sykes scored the first ever race win at the new circuit of Moscow Raceway in the eni FIM Superbike World Championship after a faultless display of front running at a high pace. His instant speed from second on the grid behind pole-sitter Carlos Checa (Althea Ducati) kept him away from the troubles many other top riders endured behind him, with crashes helping Melandri finish second in an incident-packed race.
Max Biaggi (Aprilia Racing) overhauled his team-mate Laverty on the very last lap to take third place. Potential podium riders Checa, his team-mate Davide Giugliano, Chaz Davies (ParkinGO MTC Racing Aprilia), Jonathan Rea (Honda World Superbike Team) and Sylvain Guintoli (Pata Racing Team Ducati) all crashed out, with Leon Haslam (BMW Motorrad Motorsport) also falling then restarting to finish sixth.
1. Tom Sykes GBR Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R 41m 07.852s
2. Marco Melandri ITA BMW Motorrad S1000RR +8.878s
3. Max Biaggi ITA Aprilia Racing RSV-4 +12.603s
4. Eugene Laverty IRL Aprilia Racing RSV-4+13.027s
5. Michel Fabrizio ITA BMW Italia Goldbet S1000RR+29.582s
6. Leon HaslamGBR BMW Motorrad S1000RR +30.587s
7. Niccolo Canepa ITA Red Devils Ducati 1098R+32.170s
8. Lorenzo Zanetti ITA PATA Ducati 1098R+34.704s
9. John HopkinsUSA Crescent Fixi Suzuki GSX-R1000 +40.366s
10. David Salom ESP Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R+41.143s
11. Loris Baz FRA Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R +44.363s
12. Ayrton BadoviniITA BMW Italia Goldbet S1000RR +47.813s
13. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN Honda WSBK CBR1000RR +52.650s
14. Alexander Lundh SWE Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R+1m 20.273s
15. Leon CamierGBR Crescent Fixi Suzuki GSX-R1000 +2 laps
16. David McFadden RSA Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R+3 laps
17. Chaz Davies GBR ParkinGO MTC Aprilia RSV-423 laps completed
18. Davide GiuglianoITA Althea Ducati 1098R13 laps completed
19. Jonathan Rea GBR Honda WSBK CBR1000RR 10 laps completed
20. Carlos ChecaESP Althea Ducati 1098R2 laps completed
21. Sylvain Guintoli FRA PATA Ducati 1098R 2 laps completed
Fastest lapLeon Haslam GBR BMW Motorrad S1000RR1m 36.729s
|Ресурс:||Ссылка на автора:|