Race two was another high-attrition battle with riders crashing out throughout the race. Marco Melandri, who missed the post-race press conference after race one due to a bee of all things, took the victory ahead of Tom Sykes, with Melandri having taken the lead from Sykes ten laps from the end. Behind them, however, a tightly fought battle between Max Biaggi, Leon Haslam, Jonathan Rea, Eugene Laverty, Carlos Checa and Chaz Davies.
The first of the fallers at the front were Biaggi and Haslam, with Biaggi clipping Rea overtaking down the straight, forcing him to release the brakes into the last corner, ploughing into the side of Haslam’s BMW. Both riders walked away from it, but neither could restart.
The second big crash was Laverty, freed from team orders when Biaggi crashed, high siding his Aprilia into Rea, mid corner. Rea being the unfortunate victim of three other riders’ crashes this weekend, this one finally put him on the floor.
The outcome of these crashes was that Chaz Davies, in spite of what looked like a faulty gearbox, picked up the pieces and took third place ahead of Carlos Checa. Jonathan Rea wrangled what was left of his battered Fireblade across the finish line in 7th, missing at least a footpeg and parts of carbon fairing.
Marco Melandri now leads the championship by 18.5 points and Tom Sykes closes the gap to Max Biaggi in second place to 22.5 points.
2012 Moscow Raceway World Superbike Results, Race 2:
1. Marco Melandri ITA BMW Motorrad S1000RR
2. Tom Sykes GBR Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R +0.976
3. Chaz Davies GBR ParkinGO MTC Aprilia RSV-4 +4.213
4. Carlos Checa ESP Althea Ducati 1098R +5.954
5. Leon Camier GBR Crescent Fixi Suzuki GSX-R1000 +13.568
6. Davide Giugliano ITA Althea Ducati 1098R +15.173
7. Jonathan Rea GBR Honda WSBK CBR1000RR +23.125
8. Ayrton Badovini ITA BMW Italia Goldbet S1000RR +23.696
9. Loris Baz FRA Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R +23.884
10. Lorenzo Zanetti ITA PATA Ducati 1098R +24.096
11. Sylvain Guintoli FRA PATA Ducati 1098R +24.881
12. John Hopkins USA Crescent Fixi Suzuki GSX-R1000 +39.643
13. David Salom ESP Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R +1m 01.449
14. Alexander Lundh SWE Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R +1m 36.596
15. Eugene Laverty IRL Aprilia Racing RSV-4 24 laps completed (DNF)
16. Max Biaggi ITA Aprilia Racing RSV-4 9 laps (DNF)
17. Leon Haslam GBR BMW Motorrad S1000RR 9 laps (DNF)
18. Niccolo Canepa ITA Red Devils Ducati 1098R 1 lap (DNF)
19. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN Honda WSBK CBR1000RR 0 (DNF)
20. David McFadden RSA Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R 0 (DNF)
21. Michel Fabrizio ITA BMW Italia Goldbet S1000RR 0 (DNF)
2012 World Superbike Championship Point Standings (after 11 of 14 rounds):
1. Max Biaggi / Ducati: 274
2. Marco Melandri / BMW: 263.5
3. Tom Sykes / Kawasaki: 222.5
4. Carlos Checa / Ducati: 220.5
5. Jonathan Rea / Honda: 203.5
6. Leon Haslam / BMW: 170
7. Eugene Lavert / Aprilia: 160.5
8. Sylvain Guintoli / Ducati: 122.5
9. Michael Fabrizio / BMW: 108.5
10. Davide Giugliano / Ducati: 106
|Ресурс:||Ссылка на автора:|